Friday, March 31, 2006

Skills, Me?

Yes, me. In class today we got together in small groups and among other things we were supposed to tell each other our skills. I have trouble speaking on the spot as it is, so when it came to me all I said is "I really don't know what skills I have. I am still trying to figure it out."
For a major portion of the day since then, I have been trying to analyze myself more. I know I am an INFP, but I am just not sure I know enough about myself. I have difficulty answering those questions personality evaluations and other evaluations give. I have been thinking that I really would like to either find some skills or learn some skills. And the more I think about it, the more I know I have a lot to offer. For the same class I have been reading the book, Primal Leadership, and when I read about EI (Emotional Intelligence) in the appendix, and started the book, I said to myself--yes, I really can be a leader. I really can be enthusiastic and encouraging. I know I can grow in EI and I do need to. As I read about how emotions spread to others, I thought about how important it is for me to bring positive emotions with me rather than negativity. I think it will help me to be positive and feel good about myself if I spend a few minutes before my day to consecrate it to God and let Him encourage my spirit. If I get up on the third time my alarm goes off, instead of the fourth time, I can give God ten minutes before I start my day. Well, I am going to try--. Good night everyone.

No comments: