Saturday, November 28, 2015

Part 2: The wooing of facebook

Facebook is wooing
with so much encouragement
from friends I miss,
How can I not go to it
as to the arms of my fellows.

Facebook is calling out
for me to platform
my opinions
as one who has the knowledge
all the while
seeking an outlet for
debate to dare any to
change my mind
which could indeed be
changed by the intelligent
argument at least on
some issues.

Facebook is showcasing
the world sharing its
vibes with my hungry
soul.  Friends, acquaintances,
strangers speaking their
minds, opening up pieces
of their souls,
showing common streams
of thought
some diverging one way
some another.

Facebook is the opportunity
to grow a fan base,
build a business,
gain supporters,
establish a presence
in the marketplace
of virtual reality.

Facebook is the place
I can explore the world with my friends
from home, relaxing on my couch or bed,
winding down
yet partaking in
social activity.

It is no wonder
that facebook is the place
I turn to in my free time
for it serves so many purposes
and fulfills my needs more readily,
more easily than any real outings
which take energy to plan
and carry out.

Oh facebook, how did we ever
live without you?

No comments: